Friday, August 8, 2008

Fly Away

So I leave the house in about 5 hours, I'll be lucky to get four hours of sleep! The flight itself will take about 17 hours with all processes considered (not considering check-in...). I'll arrive at Incheon Airport at 3:50pm on Saturday, August 9th. After landing I have to take a bus to the mainland and then a cab to my hotel. Should be really fun, especially considering how tired I'll be. I just hope I stay lucid enough to keep track of my money.

After calling my employer on Saturday I'm hoping to hook up with a University friend in Seoul. He lives by Gangnam Station, apparently one of the hippest and most happening places in all of Seoul. It sounds like an expensive place to live and makes me quite glad that I'll be placed in one of the outlying Seoul suburbs.

Well...I'm honestly quite exhausted, both physically and mentally. My final day with family and friends was terrific. I ate some corn, had some laughs, and visited the lake for one last time. I'm certainly going to miss my life here but I'm sure memories of it will end up in some bizarre location in my brain, never forgotten but rarely remembered. Over the next week or more updates may not happen as my access to the Internet will probably be pretty sporadic. Expect updates to either be short, awesome, or both. When I get settled in and purchase a cheap(ish) laptop of sorts, I'll pepper the day to day business with some stories about how I ended up in Korea. Again...when I get there, I'll know how and why it all went down.

All I can hope for right now is that I finish reading "King John of Canada" from the author of "The Dominion of Wyley McFadden", Scott Gardiner. I really recommend Dominion...not so sure about King John.



Tschüss Baby!

0 comments:

about this site