She's onto me! The woman at the family mart is on to me. My Bulgogi Burger habit has been quickly noticed by the judicious shopkeep. Before entering the store yesterday, I thought to myself, "I bet she'll have noticed that I'm buying way too many of these...she'll probably bother me for only buying this delicious processed treat." Surely enough, even before I reached the cooler containing those precious burgers, she started to laugh and say something in Korean.
They were all out of Bulgogi Burgers.
Following a very long speech that I failed to understand, aside from some suffixes, "nida, sayo, hayo..." she pointed to another food item. "Sandoo-each". Ah, sandwhich. I could get a sandwhich! The tag said 300 won...cheaper than a burger...awesome. So I sorted through the three available packages and settled on one that looked like it was all meat. She rang it up...1700 won. Apparently the sticker was for a deal on milk. 300 won for milk with the purchase of a sandwhich. Oh well....I was hungry anyways.
So I get the sandwhich up to my appartment, turn on some starcraft, channel 78, and unwrap the latter part of my lunch. 3 halves...excellent. The cute thing, was that the crusts had been cut off. I felt like a very spoiled or coddled elementary school student. So the contents of the sandwhiches. Meat and Cheese, Meat and Cheese and....wait for it....Pasta. Yes, a pasta sandwhich. It...was barely edible. However, I ate it.
Today I went to a Kimbap place and ordered Bibimbop. 3500 won. I may give up Bulgogi Burgers for good.
And now...back to your regularly narrated program.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Failure to continue a story...because I'm tired.
Posted by ansanman at 12:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
about this site
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(29)
-
▼
August
(13)
- Getting Here - Part 2 of 3
- Wooo
- Editing...today I don't not not do thee okay!
- Handsome man!
- Failure to continue a story...because I'm tired.
- Getting Here - Part 1 of 3
- A Story From Nowhere
- Part two of Day 2!
- Part one of Day 2!
- Straight from the book of a tired man
- Fly Away
- I keep thinking, "next time" but there may not be ...
- Blog Beginnings
-
▼
August
(13)
1 comments:
I am glad to see that you haven't lost your sense of humor my son. That is dad's quote of the day:) Sure do admire your spunk. Hmmm, a pasta sandwich. Gotta watch out for those crafty shopkeeps ya know. Hope all is well with you. We are hanging in there. Sorry to hear you are so tired. Hope it gets better. I know you will find it within in you to make it work.
Post a Comment