August 12th/08
Training.......Training
August 19th/08
Well, training is over and work has started. Each day passes like syrup. This makes me happy. Exhausted, I have trouble recalling the details of the past week. So much happened in so few days that it's almost impossible to sort through all the details at once.
I knew it would happen, just today I hit the language barrier...hard. In the late morning I tried to register the cell phone at one of the local stores. I'm pretty sure that the clerk didn't fully understand my request. But...if his refusal was honest, I'm now the proud owner of a 45000 won dictionary and camera! How keen.
So anyways...last night as I sat watching the Simpson's(in English) I wondered to myself if it had actually set in that I was in a different country. With everything being so Westernised here it often feels like I'm in some ethnic neighbourhood in Canada. Many of the cars are the same, the stuff for sale is similar, and the feel isn't that much different. Then again...I do feel incredibly isolated, even insulated, when I'm walking through the streets. Unable to speak with basically everyone is a strange but sometimes comforting feeling. I'm very much the outsider here, a mere visitor even. Tough oddly enough, I'm okay with that. Despite the isolation, I've been living more or less as I want to live. I think any misgivings at this point in time simply come from being overwhelmed. I know I'll get through it...I just need to keep smiling.
There was some old mail in my mail slot today. My apparent address is very long and very Korean. I'll do what I can do anglicise it and send it to those who need it...
I've got a lot of work to do....clearing the backlog of entries will have to wait...
----------------------------------
Still busy up until today. Writing the backlog along with the new stuff is difficult...so...enjoy these relics instead!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Some others...mostly raw
Posted by ansanman at 1:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment