Just a little something I found in a notebook. I wrote it while riding the subway into Seoul. I managed to get a seat on the very packed train by getting on board at Gojan Station rather then Jungang. Since I was and am still adjusting to life here, I always try to imagine what the locals think of me. Usually I think that they are more amused or curious. Other times I think that they may be judging me. Anyways...enjoy the rambling.
-----
Sitting in a chair while on a crowded subway car feels excessively greedy. Lots of people must stand around me while I, a foreigner, this wayguk, sits and writes. Now, I certainly couldn't write standing. But...I certainly can't stand sitting.
I'm loathe to look up into the faces that surround me. Should they be scowling at my comfort would cause me even greater discomfort. But, to consider that maybe I'm just one of many who enjoy a seat this train. Though I am quite a bit pinker than the rest, would it even be reasonable for them to notice my apparent selfishness?
So...I just looked around and nobody caught my gaze. It is how it is...just a fair-haired, blue-eyed stranger sitting alone. Worth no more than an occasional curious glance. But still...I can't stop but wonder. Maybe they were looking, thinking; "Look at him there, that pink fellow, scribbling away."
My stop comes soon, this entry might continue...
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Observations
Posted by ansanman at 12:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment